Saturday, August 16, 2008

Somebody pinch me...

Holy cow...so Amedeo slept from 10 pm to 5 am last night!!!! What on earth did I do and how can I do it again?!?!?! A couple of things probably factor into the equation:
  • He's been on his reflux meds for a good while now, and I've figured out how to get most of it from being spit out all over.
  • I put bumper pads on his crib...maybe it's more cozy now
  • He ISN'T swaddled anymore--this, folks, is HUGE...Amedeo was a swaddling addict. We almost had to have an intervention.
  • We were almost ready to ship him off to the gypsies...and I think he could sense that.
The only tiny wrinkle in our night was that both of us were awake from 3-4 am, ready to leap out of bed at a moment's notice. Sad, isn't it? We're conditioned.

And, a last little note...my husband is the best. I went shopping at the mall ALL ALONE! It was fabulous. I am drunk on retail therapy.

I should end the weekend right here, right now at 2pm on Saturday, because, it surely cannot get better than this.


4 comments:

emk said...

hoooooooooooooooooooooooray!!!!! that is SUCH wonderful news!! hope it just keeps getting better and better!!!

Emily said...

I am SO SO SO excited for you! If you need anything to be fun tomorrow let me know, I might try and talk Matt into a hike.

Lindsey said...

Wow, I am thrilled beyond words for you! All I can say is...sleep, blissful sleep...I hope you will be able to indulge in it on a regular basis now!

melaniet42 said...

That is SUPER about the sleep! It is such a wonderful thing. Really. One day, sleeping through the night will be the norm again, rather than the exception! Until then, we take what we can get!!