Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Farm Trip

This afternoon, we picked up our CSA fruit and veg from Breezy Willow Farm. I thought it was about time that I posted about this, since we're halfway through this season. I really like the program. First, the produce is supremely fresh. Second, I don't have to make any decisions. You get what you get. I don't have to stand in the produce aisle wondering if I should buy eggplant or not. Invariably, I choose the same things over and over again. This program forces me to deal with kale and heirloom tomatoes.

I finally received my camera bag in the mail. I haven't been taking the camera around, since it didn't have any protection. I had a good time working on composition today.


I learned something interesting about the chickens today. Some of them lay pale green eggs! Isn't that neat!? Another friend of mine has chickens...she told me that her Aracunas lay pale blue/green/pinkish eggs. So, Dr. Seuss was right...there IS Green Eggs and Ham!




Amedeo LOVES the bunnies. There is a large sign that promotes NOT sticking your fingers in the cages. I've told him 100 times. He doesn't listen. So far, there aren't any vampire rabbits chewing his fingers off. He thinks it's funny when they nibble on his finger. Oh, child!


1 comment:

melaniet42 said...

You know what? My toddler doesn't listen to me either!

I love the first picture for composition - great job!