Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dead Camera

Well, folks, no pictures for you. My camera finally succumbed. I accidentally threw it across the parking lot last month...it gave up the ghost on Tuesday. I have a very old DC, but it is so slow with capturing that there is almost no point in taking the darn pictures.

Amedeo had the stomach flu on Tuesday...and is steadily recovering. He's been eating pretty well today, so I feel like I can start normal activities again tomorrow. Tuesday, I was supposed to go look at tile in Rockville without the boy...but I couldn't leave him with grandma while he was sick, so I think Pietro and I will go on Saturday. We need to order the tile very soon since the bathroom project starts mid-August. The tub is ordered and the plumber is selected...this silly project has been in the works since last year!

Wednesday, we lay low, dashing out of the house only to pick up our fruit and veggies from BWF. We saw Jack in his stroller and his mom, but didn't linger since I didn't want Amedeo to contaminate anyone. I spent some of the day sewing...which continued into today. I finally finished my green dress! It was extremely helpful that Amedeo took two naps...I can hardly get anything accomplished when our boy takes one 1 hour nap. I'm starting to wonder if overstimulation is Amedeo's problem when it comes to napping. Trying to predict what will work with him is like herding cats. I will try to take it one day at a time. I will try to be a patient mother. I will try not to complain (too much).

Tomorrow, I'm going to take my dad to the oral surgeon to have a tooth pulled. Poor little Amedeo has to go back with grandma again while I do that. Poor grandpa too. When Lowes delivered our oven a few weeks ago, Pietro noticed that the top was dented all the way through the ceramic...so I called Lowes to fix it. They're supposed to deliver the new-new oven between 3 and 7pm tomorrow. That's right during dinner! Guess we'll order in unless it comes early! So far, I really am happy with this new oven...firstly, it's larger, second, I think the top heats up faster, and lastly, the convection fan doesn't sound like a jet engine. I might be able to have a conversation in our kitchen!

Blah blah blah.

1 comment:

emk said...

Wow-- you guys have a lot going on!! Hope A is feeling better. (and your dad, too!)