Monday, June 7, 2010

Swiss Miniatur

Here we have 3 generations of Bernasconi men.


We decided to visit a very famous tourist trap about 45 minutes from Locarno, the Swiss Miniatur. It is a scale model of various mountains and buildings in Switzerland. It is a large, outdoor exhibit. There are lots of cars, trains and airplanes for a toddler to see. Fortunately everything was glued down, so he couldn't make off with anything.


Amedeo dragged Nonno and Nonna all over the place...


Part of the exhibit involved a child sized train.


We ate lunch in a nearby restaurant. After we drove back into town, Romi had to water the orchard. Amedeo had fallen asleep in the car, so I stayed with him for a bit.


Then, Pietro kept watch while I went to check out the plants. They have grapes, kiwis, blueberries, cherries, plums, figs, and probably some others that I am forgetting. All of it is on very steep land....I suppose most things on the mountain are.



Annita's sister, Armida, lives close to their orchard, so we decided to drop in for a visit. Several of you commented on Amedeo's sleeping...we were waking him up early, giving him short naps and putting him down late at night, so he was super sleep deprived. When we let him sleep, he slept HARD! He didn't wake up when we took him out of the car!


Zia Armida and Pietro enjoy a drink.



We had to wake him up to have a chat with the matryoshka dolls.



Here is Armida's balcony. Amedeo thought I was leaving, so he was crying.


We packed a lot into the day...I think everyone was tired after all of this!

1 comment:

emk said...

Amedeo must have been in HEAVEN with all these fun things that you did!